Mid-Summer Health Check
It’s hard to believe we’ve over half way through the year. So how’s your health-related New Year’s resolutions? Are you well on your way to achieving them, or do you remember what they were?
Health improvement goals and taking charge of your health should be a part of your life each and every day. It is an unfolding and changing process.
So here’s a few easy to incorporate health tips that can dramatically improve your well-being.
- Balance moving and sitting-Even if you exercise regularly, you need to move often throughout the day—especially if you have a desk job. Conversely, studies have found, too much standing isn’t good for you either—so if you have a job that requires you to stand—sit more often
- Relax-Meditation, visualization, listening to soothing music are critical ingredients that will help your body to move
- Eat 8 servings of vegetables and fruit-This is a key to healthier functioning both physical and emotional
- Get 8 hours of sleep-Sleep deprivation is a leading contributor to accidents, emotional distress, poor job functioning and the development of several chronic diseases.
- Drink more water, less sugary drinks-high fructose corn syrup is linked to obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancer and much more.
- Let it go-spend a few minutes every day, writing about anything that is emotionally disturbing you. This simple act, can have a profound impact on your health
- Do something that brings you joy-joy is a nutrient not only for your soul, but the body and mind as well!
- Laugh often-Always remember to laugh, it is the cheapest medicine.
- Be kind to yourself and others-Lovingkindness, long heralded by our ancestors across the globe improves our perceptions and enhances your general health.
- Be grateful-Daily gratitude is associated with improvement in overall health and well-being. Find three new things you’re grateful for is the key.